Friday, September 08, 2006

First Comment in Japan

Almost a month has passed since we reached Japan. I am sorry I did not write on here soon. How are you? Is there nothing wrong with you? I am fine but I have been feeling sorrow as I cannot see you. I miss all of you, the two weeks days spent with you, American beautiful scene, and the atmosphere filled with English.
In Japan, I mainly spent my days doing club activities. I belong to Orchestra club and play the horn. We are practicing for the concert held in November. So I did practicing on weekdays.
Now, I start to write a report about the trip. I am going to write about cultural differences between Japan and America including my experiences in American-Indian museum. I research by myself but if you have any advices for my report, please give me some comments.
>Nina
I heard about mail missing from you to me by Hiromi(F). In fact, I did not get your mail before. Are there any troubles on computer?

5 Comments:

At 9:24 AM, Blogger Hiromi said...

I'm happy to hear from you~!

Wow~ playing instruments is really cool! I used to play piano when I was a little girl, but now I don't think I can play it very well.

Anyway... do your best on practicing dayoo!! Ganbatte!!!! :)

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Ji Won said...

Hey Yuki~!
I'm glad to see that you've posted! How are you?? It's really awesome that you play an instrument for the orchestra club. I want to hear you play one day. ^^;; Anyways, keep blogging and I'll talk to you this Thursday at our first chat meeting, okay? Mata ne~~

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Nina Liakos said...

Hi, Yuki! Nice to read your post. Yes, I don't have a working email address for you. Please sign up for our Google Group at http://groups.google.com/group/agu2006. We had a great chat today at Tapped In and we are having another chat in October; I hope you can come to that one!

What kind of horn do you play?

Wow, it's after midnight--I have to go to bed (I teach tomorrow at 9 am!).

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Nina Liakos said...

Hi, Yuki, how nice to see your post. I didn't know you played the horn! (What kind of horn? English horn? French horn?) That's great! I used to play the piano but I hated to practice. Now I am hardly play anything. :-(

Yuki, I need your correct email. I have the wrong email for me. Please email me at nina.liakos@gmail.com. Then I can invite you to join our Google Group.

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Universe Gentleman said...

Hi, Yuki. You never told me you played an instrument. As for your Japanese-American cultural differences, you'll remember we talked about many in class: how Americans talk a lot, how they (we) express opinions directly. I think in Japan HOW something is talked about can be as important as WHAT is said. I think it's interesting too that Japanese people don't have flags much in Japan. But you saw in America that lots a people fly their flags.

Miss you. Kevin in Kalifornia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home