Monday, August 14, 2006

On weekend

On Friday, we had a chance to see the Prange library.
We heard the story about the censorship after the WW2, and I could know the importance of them in history. They are valuable to show the facts and circumstances to pass in the future. There are so many published prints that I was surprised. Some are from Aoyamagakuin. They are very interesting. In evening, we went shopping to Georgetown. I walked so long that I was so tired.

On Saturday, at Annapolis, we got on the cruise. I could see many boats and cottages along the bay. There, I saw many navies in the white uniform. It was clearly so I spent comfortably time on the cruise. In evening, I went to Georgetown again and bought some souvenirs.

On Sunday, we went to Mount Vemon by boat. George Washington’s house was very large and had many outbuildings and garden with very nice view. We relaxed at the garden very much. I felt that he was loved by the nation still now. At Alexandria,
we saw around the shops and were back to the hotel.

I also feel sad be back Japan soon.

5 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Blogger Ji Won said...

The past couple of days have been very fun for us mentors as well. We'll be sad to send you all home!

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Nina Liakos said...

I didn't realize there were some publications from Aoyama Gakuin at the Prange Collection! How interesting!

The sailors you saw wearing white uniforms were the "Plebes", or first-year students. It was "Plebe Family Weekend" in Annapolis this weekend. Their white uniforms were so incredibly clean, weren't they?

I agree that George Washington is still very much loved and respected by Americans.

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Nina Liakos said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger yuki said...

Welcome to my blog and thank you for writing, Ji won.
I could spend fun time with you!! I cherish my rest time in Maryland.

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger NOBUFUMI said...

I don't want to go back to Japan too. I want to stay here with all of us.
Let's enjoy rest of our trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home